Friday, January 09, 2009




How to start again?...I just returned to this blog to realize I haven't been here since mid-july...and yes, there is a reason. To try to put it into the short version, July 25th I had a total knee replacement..this would have been enough, but aggravated a back/shoulder/arm problem by using a crutch on only one side of my body..I was miserable with pain and tingling down the arm (ugh) and trying to keep up with yucky knee excercises. One month or so into this I pass a Gallstone and need immediate surgery to take the gall bladder out..OK...I made it through THAT one!..I am just recovering (only ten days) and the disc in my back ruptures and I am back in the hospital for disc surgery. All this 5 weeks ago, Dec. 24 given the OK to start removing the cervical collar I had to wear for 6 weeks and I can drive again!


I hope I never have to write another post like this one!....Started painting and working again about two weeks ago....I am returning to LIFE!

4 comments:

Julia Guthrie said...

Stunning pictures!!! Just amazing..

Welcome back :)

Ellen Morrow said...

Thank you...:)
Hopefully I'll be posting regularly! Thank you for the kind comments.

Carolee said...

Thanks so much for visiting me. :)

I just LOVE your work - absolutely stunning!!!

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Wow, you have been through a lot this last year and I wish you continued healing in 09. Glad you're back to doing art again; you're so talented. The ACEO that arrived is beautiful ('In Her Eyes")...everything was perfect and it was fun to unwrap!